funny jokes

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Ways to Report Death-funny jokes

Two brothers, Herbert and James, lived with their mother and a cat named Edgar. James was particularly attached to the cat, and when he had to leave town for several days, he left Herbert meticulous instructions about the pet' s care. At the end of this first day away. James telephoned his brother. "How is Edgar?"

"Edgar is dead." Herbert answered. There was a pause. Then James said, "Herbert, you're insensitive , you know how close I was to Edgar, you should have broken the news to me slowly. When I asked about Edgar tonight, you should have said, 'Edgar's on the roof , but I have called the fire department to get him down.' And tomorrow when I called, you could have said the firemen were having trouble getting Edgar down, but you were hopeful they would succeed. Then when I called the third time, you could have told me that the fire-men have done their best, but unfortunately Edgar had fallen off the roof and was at the veterinarian's. Then when I called the last time, you could have said that although everything possible had been done for Edgar, he had died. That's the way a sensitive man would have told me about Edgar. And, oh, before I forget," James added, "how is mother?"

"Oh," Herbert said, pausing for a moment, "She' s on the roof."
More funny jokes ,you can visit http://funnyjokes-jack.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment